Download Instructions for Patterns
Complete download and installation instructions are emailed to you after you order. Below is a picture view of the same process. If you also desire to see the software installation instructions, click here.
1. Click the pattern set download link found in your email message sent to you after you order. Your Internet browser should open and display a dialog box to allow you to save the file to your local disk, as shown in the following figure:
2. Click Save. Remember the folder you saved the file in--write it down if you have to. In this example, the folder is C:\Temp.
3. Click the download Viewer Software link found in your email message.
4. Click Save. Again, remember the folder you saved the file in--write it down if you have to. In this example, the folder is C:\Temp.
5. Choose Start->Programs->Windows Explorer to open Windows Explorer.
6. Browse to the folder where you saved the installation executable (in step 2.) In our example, Windows Explorer looks like the following figure:
7. Double-click the FCVW122.exe executable to start the WinZip Self-Extractor.
8. Click Next to start the installation process.
9. After the installation of the Viewer completes, you will see Crochet Viewer icon on your desktop and a -> Filet Crochet Viewer item added to you your Start -> Programs menu. You can either double-click on the Crochet Viewer icon or select it from your Programs menu to bring up Filet Crochet Viewer. You will use the Filet Crochet Viewer software to view and print your patterns.
10. On the Filet Crochet Viewer is installed, go back and double-click on the pattern set executable, set#.exe you saved in step 1. Click Unzip. When asked for a password, use the password emailed to you.
10. Your patterns will install into your C:\Crochet\Patterns folder. To view a pattern, first bring up the Filet Crochet Viewer software. Select Open under the File menu. Select a pattern and select the Open button.