Filet Crochet Software
Create your own Filet Crochet patterns! Filet Crochet Software creates a grid on the screen for you. Use the mouse to fill the squares of the grid to create your pattern, then print the pattern along with the generated crochet instructions. You can also import ClipArt and other images and use them in your pattern! Save your pattern so you can later view it, print it, edit it, or send it to us to sell for you online.
- See how you can Import ClipArt and Images to create your own Patterns quickly
- Read Learn How to Crochet to see how easy it is to crochet File Crochet patterns
- Read the Filet Crochet Tutorial to get started quickly
- Read the Filet Crochet Tips Page to see some cool tips with using the software
|Two Ways to Order!|
Order and Download
Get Started on your Filet Crochet Project Today!
For an Additional
$10, Receive a CD in the mail. Receive BOTH the CD AND
to get started quickly!
Only $49.95--Free Shipping!
The Filet Crochet Software Designer Choice Tools
- Why do we call it Designer Choice Edition? Because we have once again updated, enhanced, improved and created even more designer tools that make designing a pattern easy, fast and fun. With these new tools and updates to some of your favorite tools, you can make hundreds of beautiful patterns in a fraction of the time.
- Edit Features. Flip, rotate, cut, copy, paste, and move sections of your pattern. Resize, shrink, invert and zoom your pattern.
- Add Shapes. Draw squares, triangles, rectangles, circles, ellipses, diamonds and lines simply by selecting the shape from the toolbox.
- Add Text. You can add text into your pattern using any font on your PC. Just select the font, size, style and type the text.
Colored ClipArt.You can
paste colored ClipArt and
get exact color matches or import to a single color.
From clipart To Pattern... Or to pattern...
- Trim Edges. Trim unwanted edges of your pattern.
- Flood Fill. Fill-in enclosed regions of your pattern with one mouse click.
- Erase. Erasing is easier than ever. Use the eraser to erase all stitch types.
- Add Titles/Footers. Add a pattern title and a copyright notice as a pattern footer.
- Pattern Hot Spots. We’ve made it easier to edit your patterns with hot spots. Just by clicking and dragging your mouse you can resize your pattern, move the row/column counter on the grid, and reset your rulers.
- Colors and Styles. Choose the color and style of the grid and the color and style of the filled in squares (solid or X's).
- Sizable/Settable Rulers. With settable rulers, and just a click and drag of the mouse, you can change the thread/yard gauge to match your own stitching style or if you know how many stitches to a mesh, just enter it in.
- Paste Transparent. This new feature allows you to paste text, ClipArt, or sections of your pattern in such a way that the underlying pattern is merged with the pasted section. As you paste and move the paste box, you can see through the pasted section to your pattern so you can see what you are doing.
- Save Customized Options. Automatically saves your selected options so you can customize how you work.
- Generate Crochet Instructions. Print the crochet instructions for your pattern including estimated finished sizes and amount of thread needed.
- Print Options. Print a full-page picture of your pattern or spread your pattern over several pages. Print landscape or portrait.
- File Browser. View all of your patterns at once in miniature. Select a pattern in the File Browser to open it for editing and/or printing.
Pen Sizes. Change the size of
your pen from
small to medium to large. Learn More>>
Eraser Sizes. Change the size
of your eraser from
small to medium to large. Learn More>>
- Grab and Move. Use the button from the Toolbox to grab, move and adjust your pattern. Learn More>>
Save to Bitmap (bmp) File. Save your favorite patterns as a bitmap (bmp) so you can place it on
the web and show all your friends.
Save your pattern and finished product picture as bitmap (bmp) files.
- Dockable Toolbars. Now you get get your toolbox out of the way. Dock it anywhere you like.
- Color Mode. We’ve added even more color! Now you can create patterns that have multiple colors in them. Just select the mode you want to work in and away you go...
- Invert Section. We’ve added a new option, invert pattern selection. You can invert a section of your pattern or the whole pattern.
- Color Selector. Use the color selector to select colors right off the pattern--you don’t have to look up the color anymore.
- Sample Pattern Edging Samples. Now receive double the number of sample pattern edgings to add to your pattern.
- Pattern Check. We made it easier to select the perfect edging for your pattern. Use Pattern Check to list all the edgings that will work with your pattern. Learn More>>
- Context Sensitive Help. Help is easier then ever. We’ve added context sensitive help. Now when you need to know how to use a feature, just select and any button or menu item you want help on. Complete instructions on the feature and how to use it will be presented to you. Learn More>>
Import Wizard. Converting
your favorite images to patterns with the updated Import
Wizard. Learn More>>
Convert this to this in just 4 steps.
Or Convert this to this in just 4 steps.
- Stamps. Create hundreds of patterns just from stamps. We’ve created over 170 stamps to choose from. And now they come in 3 different sizes, small, medium, and large. All are ready for you to use or you can create and save your own. Take this stamp and use it 4 times to make this. Learn More>>
Kaleidoscope. Take a section
of a pattern and kaleidoscope it up to 5 different ways to get a
completely new pattern designed in one press of a button. Turn this
one of these with just one button press.
- Mirror Mode. Mirror your drawing using mirror modes. It’s just like drawing with a mirror. What you draw on the right mirrors on the left or what you draw on top mirrors below. Mirror horizontally or vertically both or both-mirrored . Learn More>>
Inserts. You can create hundreds of
patterns just from inserts. Inserts are sample motifs of all kinds
that you can insert into your pattern. We’ve created over 45 inserts
to choose from. And it’s easy to create your own inserts. It’s a
great way to save motifs that you want to use over and over again.
Take this insert and make your own pattern with it. Learn More>>
- Finish Product. See what your pattern will look like crocheted. You can even add color to your finish product picture. You can go from this to this and anywhere in between. Learn More>>
- Jump to Web Page. Create a web page of your pattern from just one button. Just select from the toolbox. Learn More>>
New Features in Version 13.2
Borders. The Borders tool allows you to add borders to your pattern with a click of the mouse.
Adding a Border
- Selecting Borders under the Tool menu or the Border button from the Toolbox will display the Borders dialog box and place you in Borders mode . In the dialog box, you will see some of the available borders to select from. Select the Next button to continue browsing borders.
- All together there are over 20 predefined borders to choose from.
Selecting a border and the Apply button will automatically draw the border all the way around your pattern.
Creating a Border
- You can create your own borders. Select Create Border button. If you are currently working on a pattern, you will be asked to save it. Next the Create Border dialog will appear and the screen will display a template on which to create your border. You will also see 4 pink tab boxes. To change the size of your border, use your mouse and move the tabs.
- Draw on the template to define each of the following areas.
- Top repeat area - what you draw here will repeat along the top of the pattern till the top is filled in. (Look for the letter X in the template and the letter X's in the pattern where the border was applied.)
- Bottom repeat area - what you draw here will repeat along the bottom of the pattern till the bottom is filled in. (Look for the letter P in the template and the P's in the pattern where the border was applied.)
- Left repeat area - what you draw here will repeat down the left side of the pattern till the left side is filled in. (Look for the letter Y in the template and the Y's in the pattern.)
- Right repeat area - what you draw here will repeat down the right side of the pattern till the right side is filled in. (Look for the letter Z in the template and the Z's in the pattern.)
The corners - what you draw here will display in that
corner. (Look for the letters O, A, L and K in both the
template and the pattern.)
Border Template Border Applied to a Pattern
- After you complete your border, select the Save button. You can now apply your border to any pattern.
Deleting a Border
- You can delete borders by selecting a border from the Border dialog box and selecting Delete Border button.
- The border will be deleted from the dialog box and cannot be undone.
Paging thru Borders
- You can create more borders than can be displayed. Use the arrow buttons to page through your borders.
- The << button will page to the first page of borders. The >> button will page to the last page of borders.
- The < button will page back one page and the > button will page forward one page.
- A page label in the Border Previewer dialog box shows you what page you are on and how many pages there are. For example “Page 2 of 5”.
- Adding a Border
Add Crochet Edging. The Add Edging button on the Finished Product page allows you to add a crochet edge to your finished pattern with the click of the mouse.
Adding a Edge. Selecting Add Edging button
on the Finished Product page will display the Add Crochet Edging dialog box. In the dialog box, you will see a list of all the available edges that will work with your pattern. All together there are 20 predefined edges to choose from. Selecting an edge and the Apply or OK button will automatically draw the edge all the way around your pattern.
- Viewing the Edge Stitch Diagram. To view stitch diagram for the edge, select Go to Edge Instruction Page button in the Add Crochet Edging dialog box. Now you can print stitch diagram which shows you how to create the edging.
- Adding a Edge. Selecting Add Edging button on the Finished Product page will display the Add Crochet Edging dialog box. In the dialog box, you will see a list of all the available edges that will work with your pattern. All together there are 20 predefined edges to choose from. Selecting an edge and the Apply or OK button will automatically draw the edge all the way around your pattern.
Enhanced Import Wizard. We've upgraded the Import Wizard. You can now adjust the picture right on the pattern.
In the Import Wizard select "Let me adjust the size of the picture on the pattern grid."
Select the Next button.
- The images displays on your pattern. Using your mouse you can resize and move the image until it looks exactly the way you want.
- Select Next button and continue in the Import Wizard dialog box.
- In the Import Wizard select "Let me adjust the size of the picture on the pattern grid."
Color Grid. You can now select any color for the background grid. Here the grid was changed to red.
- Selecting Color Grid under the Options menu will display the Color dialog box.
- Here you can select any color you want and the grid will change to that color. Above the grid was changed to red.
Row/Column Counter Color. You can now select any color for the row/column counter. Here the row/column counter was changed to light blue.
Selecting Row/Column counter -> Color under the Options menu will display the Color dialog box.
- Here you can select any color you want and the row/column counter will change to that color. Above the row/column counter was changed to light blue.
- Selecting Row/Column counter -> Color under the Options menu will display the Color dialog box.
Page Numbers. When you select your pattern to print over multiple pages, the pages will automatically be numbered for you.
How to setup your pattern to print over multiple sheets of paper with pages numbers
- Select Print Setup from the file menu.
- Select "Multiple pages".
- Select the number squares/page average that should be printed per page. The fewer the squares per page the larger the pattern will appear blown up on the paper and the more sheets of paper will be required.
- Select "Display page numbers".
- Select OK button.
- How to setup your pattern to print over multiple sheets of paper with pages numbers
Features introduced in Version 12.2
Crochet Stitch page
The Crochet Stitch page lets you see the individual crochet stitch symbols.
Pattern in Crochet Symbols Menu Item
Selecting Pattern in crochet symbols under the Page menu will display your crochet pattern in crochet stitch symbols. By looking at the crochet stitch symbols, you can check how well your pattern works out. It is another way to find any mistakes in your pattern.
- For Square, Hexagon and Octagon shape patterns, you design one panel. The crochet symbols page will also display a diagram on how to work the panels in the round to complete the project.
- Pattern in Crochet Symbols Menu Item
Display Color Symbols
For multiple color patterns , you can select to have a different symbol display for each color.
Display Symbols Menu Item
Selecting Display Symbols under the Options menu will display different symbols for each color. You must be in multiple color mode to use this option. Display Symbols will become the set display style and a check mark will display in the menu item before the words "Display Symbols".
Multiple Color Pattern Mode Icon
Selecting allows you to create patterns that use different colors for filled squares. Changing the drawing color does not affect any previously filled squares. Only all new filled squares will be drawn with the new pen color.
- Note: When you have selected Display Symbols you cannot edit the pattern. To turn Display Symbols off, simply re-select the option Display Symbols.
To view the color for each symbol, select Thread Colors under the Page menu.
Thread Colors Menu Item
Selecting Thread colors under the Page menu will display all the colors used in your pattern for multiple color patterns. For each color the number of filled squares and amount of thread needed is also displayed.
- Hint: to keep the row/column counter on top, select "Keep row/column counter on top" under the Options menu
- Display Symbols Menu Item
Circle /Oval shape pattern
A new shape has been added - Oval/Circle.
Oval Menu Item
Selecting Oval under the Pattern Shape menu will change the shape of your pattern to a Circle/oval. If the number of rows match the number of columns, you will get a circle. The instructions are automatically generated.
One way to change from a circle to an oval is to follow instructions below:
Your design will stay centered.
- Oval Menu Item
Pattern Shapes - Updated
All shapes (Oval, Diamond, Square, Hexagon and Octagon) have been updated so when your resize your pattern, the shape adjusts automatically to the new size while keeping your design centered. See example below:
You can now adjust the width/height of the squares.
Square Width/Height Menu Item
The Square width/height option allows you to change the width/height of the squares that make up the pattern.
Selecting Square width/height under the options menu, displays the Square Width/Height dialog box. Here you can move the slider to the left to make the squares shorter or move it to the right to make the squares taller. Selecting OK will re-display the pattern with your selection.
- Square Width/Height Menu Item
Keep Row/Column Counter on Top
You can select to always keep the row/column counter lines on top of the pattern.
Selecting Keep Row/Column Counter on Top will place the row/column counter on top of the pattern.
Reduce Colors - Upgraded
Upgraded the Reduce Colors option to a wizard, allowing you to select the best method to use to reduce the colors in your pattern. Now you can select either to pick the colors to keep or let the software automatically reduce the colors for you.
- Reduce Colors Menu Item
- Selecting Reduce Colors under the Tool menu, allows you to reduce the number of colors in a multi-color pattern .
- To reduce the number of colors, select Reduce colors under the Tool menu. The Reduce Colors dialog will appear.
There are 2 ways to reduce colors:
- Select the colors you want to keep on the pattern.
- Enter the maximum number of colors for the pattern.
1. Select the colors you want to keep
If you select this option, using your mouse select each color on the pattern you want to keep. The colors you select will display in the dialog box. All colors in the pattern will be replaced by the colors you selected to keep.
2. Enter the maximum number of colors for the pattern
If you select this option, enter the maximum number of colors you want to have in your pattern. Program will automatically select and reduce the colors for you. For example, if your pattern has 89 colors and you want it to have no more than 50, enter 50. Re-select Reduce colors under the Tool menu. The dialog box will report how many colors your pattern now has. Note: the number may be a few less than the number you entered.
Example of pattern after colors have been reduced.
- If you do not like the reduction, select Undo from the Speed bar and start over.
Replace Colors - Upgraded
Upgraded the Replace Colors option.
- Selecting Replace Colors under the Tool menu allows you to display all the different colors currently used in your pattern. If single color mode is selected then only one color is used for the whole pattern and that color is displayed. If multiple color mode is selected then each different color is displayed.
To change one of the colors to a different color follow the steps below:
- Select Replace colors under the Tool menu. The Replace colors dialog box will display with all the different colors in your pattern.
- Select the color you want to replace from the dialog box or directly from the pattern. All filled squares that match your selected color will be highlighted in the pattern.
- Select Replace button to choose a different color. The Color dialog will display. Select a new color from the Color dialog box and OK button. The old color and new color will display in the Replace Colors dialog box.
- Select Apply or OK in the Replace Colors dialog box. Each square that has the old color will change to the new color. If you select Apply instead of OK the Replace Colors dialog box will remain displayed so you can continue replacing colors.
- At anytime that you do not like the replaced color, select the undo button in the speed bar.
Inserts - Upgraded
We added more inserts. There are now over 125 inserts to choose from.
- Inserts Menu item and Inserts Icon
Inserts Dialog box
Selecting Inserts under the Tool menu or the Inserts button from the Toolbox will display the Inserts dialog box and place you in Inserts mode .
- The Inserts dialog box is split in half. On the left side are folders which contain inserts. On the right side is the insert preview window.
Previewing an Insert
Double-clicking on a folder opens the folder and displays all inserts in the folder. Clicking on an insert displays the insert in the preview window.
Pasting an Insert
Once an Insert is in the Preview window, you can select the Paste Insert button. Selecting the Paste Insert button will paste the insert onto your pattern. Using your left mouse button you can drag the Insert to where you want on the pattern. If you do not drag the insert, you must press the Enter key to finish pasting your insert onto your pattern.
Paste Transparent toggle button
Before you select Paste Insert button, you can select the Paste Transparent toggle button. Now when you select Paste Insert button, the insert will be copied to the pattern such that any background pattern will display through your pasted insert. If you do not select Paste Transparent button then the insert will overlay onto your pattern such that the background will not show thru.
Create a New Insert Folder
Select Create Folder button to create a new Insert folder. You will be prompted for a folder name. Entering a folder name and selecting OK button will place your new folder in the Folders/Inserts list displayed in the left hand side of the Inserts dialog box.
Create a New Insert
Select Create Insert to create a new Insert. The Create Insert dialog box will display. Select or enter the name of the folder you want your insert to be placed in. Next using your mouse, select an area of the currently displayed pattern you want to become the insert. Last enter a unique name for the insert and select the Done button. Your insert will be placed in the folder you selected and displayed in the Preview window located on the right hand side of the Inserts dialog box.
Deleting an Insert or Folder
To delete an Insert or Folder, select the Insert or Folder you want to delete from the Inserts/Folder list and select the Delete button.
Renaming an Insert or Folder
To rename an Insert or Folder, select the Insert or Folder from the Insert/Folder list displayed on the left hand side of the Inserts dialog box and select the Rename button. The Rename dialog box will appear prompting you for the new name. Enter a new name and OK. Your folder or insert will be renamed.
Print options - Upgraded
We updated the print pattern options. When selecting to print the pattern over multiple sheets of pattern, you can decide how many row/columns to fit on the pages.
Print Setup Menu Item
Selecting Print Setup under the File menu allows you to set printer options before printing. When on the pattern page, selecting Print Setup will display the Print Setup dialog box. In this dialog box, select either to print your pattern on a single sheet of paper or multiple sheets.
- Select the options button to select the printer you wish to print to, orientation (Portrait or Landscape), page size and source. Select the OK button. This will save your printer options.
- Multiple page Print Notes: The drop down lists lets you select how many square per page avg should be printed. For example, selecting 100x100 squares per page avg. will print on the average 100x100 Filet Crochet squares per page. Selecting 70x70 squares per page avg. will print on the average 70x70 Filet Crochet squares per page. The fewer the squares per page the larger the pattern will appear blown up and the more sheets of paper will be required. Small patterns will always print on a single sheet of paper even when “multiple sheets” is selected.
- Print Setup Menu Item
Multiple color pattern display - upgraded
We changed the way special stitches are displayed when multiple color pattern is selected. Now they are outlined in the color that was used to draw them with.
Features introduced in Version 11.2
- Import Wizard - Updated. Converting your favorite images to patterns just got easier with the updated Import Wizard. Now you can not only specify how big or small the final image should import onto your pattern but you can reduce the number of colors in the image and see how it will look as a pattern before importing. If you don’t like the results simple click on the back button and adjust the number of colors again.
- Stamps. Create hundreds of patterns just from stamps. We’ve updated our stamp selection to 3 different sizes, small 20X20, medium 25X25 and large 30X30. We’ve also updated our predefined stamps to over 180 stamps to choose from. All are ready for you to use or you can create and save your own.
Mirror Mode - Updated. We’ve updated our
Mirror Mode options. Mirror modes let you mirror your drawing. It’s
like drawing with mirrors. Depending on your mirror selection, what
you draw on the right will mirror on the left. What you draw on top
will mirror below. You get the idea! Here is what we’ve added:
- Updated the display axis so you can see better where all the mirrors are.
- Center choices have been added. Now your mirror center can be a single crochet square or four crochet squares.
- Inserts. We’ve added a new design tool. It’s inserts! You can create hundreds of patterns just from inserts. Inserts are sample motifs of all kinds that you can insert into your pattern. We’ve created over 45 inserts to choose from. And it’s easy to create your own inserts. It’s a great way to save designs that you want to use over and over again.
- Jump to Web - Updated. We’ve made it easy to create web pages for your patterns. Just select the Jump to web tool from the toolbox and view your pattern in your default web browser. It’s that easy. Just click and view.
- Reduce Colors Dialog box – New. For multiple color patterns, you can reduce the number of colors in your pattern by selecting Reduce Colors under the Tool menu. This feature is important when importing images and clip-art into your pattern.
- Replace Color Dialog box - New. You can replace colors on your pattern using the Replace Colors option under the Tool menu. In single color mode there will be only one color. However, in multiple color mode the Replace Colors dialog box will display all the colors in your pattern. Selecting a color from the Replace Colors dialog box, allows you to change the color. The new color will replace the old color on your pattern. You can display the used colors dialog box by selecting “Colors Used” under the Tool menu.
- Pattern Information – New. You can now add additional information such as Author, Company, Web site and Special Instructions on how to make the pattern in the Pattern Information screen.
- Row/Column Counter - Increment Size – New. We’ve updated the row/column counters so you can choose the increment for the counters. The default is 10 so that every 10 squares a counter line is drawn displaying the square number.
- Save as Jpeg – New. For people who want to publish your patterns, we added an option to save your pattern as a jpeg file or bmp file. (like using our Designer Program where you share the profits from the sale of your patterns. See the Designer Guidelines for details.
- Center Pattern – New. We have added three new center options. Center your design within the pattern Horizontally, Vertically or both. Simply clicking the center pattern tool in the toolbar will center both Horizontally and Vertically.
- Crop Pattern - New. We added a crop option so you can crop your pattern a few easy steps.
- Rotate Arbitrary – New. Rotate a section of the pattern or the whole pattern by an arbitrary amount.
- Row/Column – Insert/Delete – New. Add and delete whole rows or columns by selection.
- Thread Colors Page - New. We have added a Thread Colors page for multiple color patterns. The Thread Colors page displays all the colors used in the pattern along with estimated amount of thread/yarn needed.
- Windows PC with Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP
- 6 MB of disk space (plenty of room for your creative designs!)
- Sorry, neither Apple Macintosh nor Linux supported
Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, and Windows Vista™ Compatible
|Two Ways to Order!|
Order and Download
Get Started on your Filet Crochet Project Today!
For an Additional
$10, Receive a CD in the mail. Receive BOTH the CD AND
to get started quickly!
Only $49.95--Free Shipping!